Thursday, January 20, 2011

Honda Pilot


Q: Honda Pilot??
I have a 2001 civic right now, and I want something a little bigger and newer. I like the way the honda pilot looks, but I don't know anything else a/b it. Anyone love it, anyone hate it?? pros and cons??? thanks!!

A: I just purchased a Honda Pilot this weekend...so far I am loving it...so I don't have a lot of history to talk about...I was driving an Explorer Sport for years...it was a 1999 model...so I like the fact that this is a four door, I like the console, they have plenty of storage nooks, the ride is very comfortable...the inside space is roomy...the sound system is nice...the suv sits on a car chasity, so it rides more like a car than a truck...there are more features on it than i know how to operate so far....it is a 8 seater...right now i have 7 avail. and the 8th folded down to allow room for my son's massive stroller. This is my first tank of gas, and I noticed that I have traveled 192 mi so far on this tank and the gage is reading a little less than a half...but by the sticker I think it gets 17/22 mpg....if you want to know more, let me know...the only con that I have found so far, is that I wanted my son's car seat to be in the middle (safest place); but it didn't appear to be designed to safely hold his seat there (according to the fire department); and outside of that the monthly note...but it appears to be a very safe car, several air bags; wide base to prevent an issue with rollover, etc...

Q: Is the honda pilot a good family vehicle?
We have one little one and have two more on the way. We currently own a honda civic and love it, but with 3 car seats we need a vehicle with more room. We are looking at the honda pilot. Is it a good family vehicle that will also allow for storage ability. Is it safe? Any suggestions or recommendations for other vehicles also welcome.

A: Yes. I would also reccomend the Toyota Highlander Limited.

Q: How long will a Honda Pilot with 115k last?
I am looking to but a 2003 Honda Pilot with 115k on it. The timing belt just got changed, and it has been well taken care of(I am looking to buy from a friend bc she can't pay the car payment anymore) I am going to be paying the note off which is $10,000. So is this a good deal or not? I know 115k isn't alot for a honda but it just concerns me buying a vehicle with this many miles on it. Any suggestions on if this is a good deal or not...thanks so much!

A: The fresh timing belt is a big plus, its usually like 500-1000 bucks to get those replaced. I would say it is a good deal, its kind of on the high side but it sounds like your helping out a friend while your buying a car. But hondas usually last a long time, i dont know about the pilot personally and because they are fairly new (first gen was 2003) i havent seen any with a lot of miles on it, but drive it gently and keep up on regular maintainance and i'm sure it'll last u 300k miles or more

Q: How to program 07 honda pilot 3 fob buttons above rear view mirror to open garage?
i have an 07 honda pilot ex and there are 3 bottons just about rear view mirror with a picture of a house on one of them. i need to know how to program those buttons to open my garage. i dont have an owners manual

A: Check your owners manual. I can guarantee that somewhere in there will be a guide on how to program it. When I did my truck I had to hit a button on the rear of the opener and a button inside the car at the same time. It took two people. cheers

Q: How do you remove/replace a tail light from a 2005 honda Pilot?
I was trying to look on the net for instructions on how to remove/replace a rear tail light for my 05 honda pilot but i have had no luck. Could someone possibly direct me to the correct place? Thank you. I was refering to removing/replacing the entire tail light assembly itself.

A: Look in the owners manual page 210. Don't have one? Try this link: http://hondapilot.bkwon.net/manual/2005/p210.htm

Q: How is a 04-05 Honda Pilot on gas and insurance?
My husband says that he doesn't want me to buy a Honda Pilot bc it would be a lot more money on insurance and gas than my VW beetle. I am aware there is going to be a difference on gas, but how much of a difference? I have a 2001 VW beetle.

A: Honda Pilot's gas mileage is terrible. I never got better than 20 on the highway with it. It's just too darn big and too darn heavy. Last summer, when gas was $4/gallon, it was costing me about $70 every few days to fill it up. Glad it came off lease this spring. I traded it in on a Toyota Corolla which gives me about DOUBLE the mileage of the gas hog Pilot. Now I smile when I fill the tank...

Q: how much does it cost to replace the high mounted third brake light panel for a 2005 Honda Pilot ?
The high mount brake light panel on my 2005 Honda Pilot got damaged by the garage door and fell off. I am looking for any suggestions on the least expensive way to replace this. Thanks.

A: Get a tube of JB weld and go mango tango on it. Because of course you want to fix a $30k vehicle as cheap as possible. Great mentality you have...like you and every other honda customer.

Q: Has anyone heard of a new Honda Pilot engine requiring a break-in period to get appropriate gas mileage?
We purchased a new Honda Pilot, but the gas mileage is 11.5 mpg versus the 17 mpg advertised. Our dealer said the mileage on the engine was too low and it will improve after 5000 miles. Is this true? or a dealer gimmick?

A: If the car is brand new, then it will need at least 2500 miles to break in to get the full potential of gas mileage. After 2500 miles on the car, the gas mileage should be somewhere around what theadvertised mpg is, depending on how you drive the car.

Q: How many liters of gas would it take to drive 1400km in a 2005 honda pilot?
How many liters of gas would it take to drive 1400km in a 2005 honda pilot

A: Probably close to 200 liters

Q: Is it possible to put a Honda Pilot Engine into a Suzuki SUV?
to be more specific, I was wondering if I can transfer a 2004 Honda Pilot Engine into a 2001 Suzuki XL7?

A: Short answer: No

Q: Where can I find out the value of a 2004 Honda Pilot?
I want to get money for my Honda Pilot and I was wondering how much I could get it for? I has only 1000 or so miles on it, is brand new except it's VERY dusty and has scratch marks from another car's door. It's virtually brand new, but it's been kept in my garage for so long! So, recommend me a website? Or tell me it's value?

A: Depending on the trim, here is what you're looking at (all info from KBB): LX: Trade-in Value: $10,000 Private Party Value: $12,000 EX: Trade-in Value: $12,000 Private Party Value: $14,000 EX-L: Trade-in Value: $12,000 Private Party Value: $14,000

Q: What's the full feetcubic dimension of a honda pilot EXL 2003?
I just want ship a Honda pilot to other country and I want to know the dimensions not in "mm",but in feet cubics,does any body understand me?

A: With both rows folded flat, the Pilot offers 90.3 cubic feet of cargo space. (source: http://honda.jbcarpages.com/Pilot/2003/ )

Q: 2004 Honda Pilot low beams don't work, anyone know how to resolve the problem?
My 2004 Honda Pilot low beams are not working, I checked the headlight fuses under the hood they are good, the headlight bulbs are brand new. Dont know what else to look at. The high beams work, and so do all the other lights. I was thinking I might need to replace the battery, the car has 75K miles with the original battery.

A: Check the connections to the headlights. If the fuse, and headlights are good there shouldn't be a problem. Unless your switch went out (rare but could happen) Good luck

Q: Are the leather seats in Honda Pilot real?
I'm a vegetarian and I'm 13. My parents aren't vegetarians. They have a '03 Honda Pilot with leather seats and I want to know if the seats are real leather or fake. It's been really weird sitting in there because I haven't known. I can't find it anywhere online. So please if you know tell me. Thanks!

A: ^^ that's right. Only the front surface (were your legs, butt, back and head touch) is real leather. The sides and backs of the seats are vinyl as well as the armrests.

No comments:

Post a Comment